Originally posted by Guest View Post
    Anyone know who won the womenís game between Gold Coast and Seahawks

thanks
    Ill try again today if anyone knows

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Gold Coast

Northside v rip semi final at 730. Will that affect rip team with the qbl team playing in Gold Coast at 8. If so will be very short handed for that game

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Seriously lol at this.

Reality:
      1. Rip QBL plays a six man rotation
      2. The SBL players who would be potentially sitting on the bench for the QBL game would be getting splinters in their arse and their absence would have zero effect on the QBL result

Bigger issue is if Arousi wants to bend the SBL boys over and take their best players even though they’re only gunna be waving towels.

But yeah let’s find a way to blame Wizards cos that’s easier.

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      If you want the best playing then take out all the bye weekends. Three for the women’s. Shorten the season to have the comp finished the weekend before QBL finals start. Teams also won’t be affected by loosing players back to college. All teams full strength.

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Where did someone blame Wizards? BQ is the one who makes the draw.... Someone got their feelings hurt ;-)

62.6 thatís exactly what happened with Arousi not allowing the sbl boys to play both, when you take out Dane Glover, Tom Cordwell, Flynn OíToole and Cal Parsons it really thins Rips team out and forced Coach Mcglynn to suit up a fair few Games. Then throw the qbl taking Filipo because they were short of players and him blowing his knee out Rips season has been disrupted majorly. I donít believe their record is an indication of the team they have (when full strength).
    Finals are a clean slate for all teams involved and anyone can win, hopefully Rip have the strongest team they can field for another hopefully great clash with Wizards.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Only Dane and Flynn played enough games to suit up for qbl... Need to play 7 I think

Second week of playoffs

** Div 1 **

Bye - (1) Wizards, (2) Caps

Saturday 10th August
    (3) Spartans @ (2) Caps
    (4) Rip @ (1) Wizards

** Div 2 **

Friday 9th August
    (4) Ipswich @ (1) Seahawks

Saturday 10th August
    (3) Redlands @ (2) Caloundra

You Ipswich boys might want to leave mega early if you want to make that 7pm tip on Friday night.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Northside have shown weakness this year. Show some physicality and they can’t handle it.
      If rip are at there best and shoot well it will be a great game.

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Weakness?? They lost 2 games all year. 1 at the start to Brisbane where they gave that game away and the second to GC who didn’t even make the finals. Hardly weakness, they beat Rip twice so they will be fine.

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Going to be a Wizards/Spartans final.

Can see Caloundra taking div 2 with ease. Team is stacked for a div 2 team

this person must be smoking something

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      You disagree?

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      North Gold Coast will start the div 2 final as favourites. Anything can happen but they are alot better than the Heat.

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Asked a similar question on the QBL chat, would the top 2 teams in Div 2 be able to beat a Div 1 team?

Watching Div 1 this year I think it was better that each team played twice but there were no easy games so took some teams a while to get going.

Yes. They would be able to beat a div 1 team. Assuming 14 round robin games? 5 wins would be my guess.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      No way they would beat a Div 1 team.

Well Rip almost got the Wizards

Comment

• Ben
      Ben commented
      Editing a comment
      Who won out of Caps/Spartans?

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Rip lost by 20, how is that almost getting them??

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Caps beat Spartans by 20

Can see Caloundra taking div 2 with ease. Team is stacked for a div 2 team

this person must be smoking something
    Lol howíd your son play tonight?

Comment

howcomezzzz the wizards are playing theyre final on saturdaye night it clashes with brisbane qbl final i am outraging how could qbl aloow this this is nut fare to brisbane the grand final shuld have full strengt teams and nowe it wont happin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree, shouldn’t be played at the same time but have to ask which SBL Caps players are in the QBL side?

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        didan toto played 2 minutes last week thats all

howcomezzzz the wizards are playing theyre final on saturdaye night it clashes with brisbane qbl final i am outraging how could qbl aloow this this is nut fare to brisbane the grand final shuld have full strengt teams and nowe it wont happin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      It's been a massive advantage for organisations with no Qbl team for years. Seahawks were the team to beat for a while there also. Now the Wizards.
      programs just don't really care about hanging Sbl banners unfortunately so nobody kicks up a stink and the home team gets to decide. It's done on purpose.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s sort of the point. It’s not a development league unless you have something to develop the players for. So single team clubs have it as their main focus, for others QBL is. So in reality it is two leagues in one. When you come to terms with that it doesn’t matter who is in the grand final. Single team clubs have an advantage to win the whole thing but that’s it for most of their players. For QBL affiliated teams you judge you season/s a little differently. If your players improved enough to fill spots on your QBL roster etc. it is probably harder for a QBL affiliated team to win it due to the management of players throughout the season, but isn’t that good.

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        All valid points but it seemed like you agree that it is two comps within a comp. Wouldnt the easiest way to remedy it simply be that all the game times would be played so that they dont conflict with QBL? With that then all teams get to field full strength teams which makes the comp better.

If a club wants to be a part of the SBL comp then there should be a "universal" (not sure if that is the right word lol) time slots for everyone to play in and BQ should police that and not have to cater to Club A for this time or Club B for that time. Once again that falls on BQ for letting it happen and not putting in the time to draws properly.

I know that you have said that for some clubs it is their marquee program but Im sure that they aren't making gazillions from it and really if they played it at any time you would probably still get the loyal followers that are there most of the time. This probably only really applies to Wizards and Redlands as I think most other clubs have QBL programs. And Ive been saying this alot, surely Wizards will be back in the QBL hopefully again soon!!

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm glad my original comment created some great discussion.
        It is what it is with this League. You've got teams that have SBL as their prime time slot and that means Qbl guys for other associations will miss games. Not much you can do about it and nobody is abusing it. Wizards have been a terrific program for years, even with Qbl involved.
        Maybe the solution is saying that all Sbl games must be at a certain time.
        But no other orgs kick up a stink because, I'm sorry, but they actually don't care about Sbl. Of course the players do, but I'd go as far as saying not even all players do. Most would rather sit on the bench in the big League than play Sbl.
        What's the solution? No idea. Because you shouldn't punish teams that treat the Sbl with the respect it deserves like the Wizards do.
        I just know the frustration many coaches have when they have to go in to a big game at prime time without a couple of guys.

Grand Finals

** Div 1 **

Saturday 17th August
      (2) Caps @ (1) Wizards

** Div 2 **

Friday 16th August
      (3) Redlands @ (1) Seahawks

Comment

Any thoughts on the MVP award winners ?

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Gold Coast SBL coach needs to relax! Big off season anyway!

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m not the GC coach. And you’re definitely not a coach. Be nice if clowns on here could keep it to basketball and not personal gibes at people doing something most of you can, won’t and probably will never do.

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          GC coach easy pickings

So Wizards for the D1 double, both by 20-ish.

Women up against Maroochy team with 7, two players having flown to college already. Despite the absences, Maroochy played well and stuck close up until through the the third quarter when Regan McCarty started going off from three.

Wizards generally up by 8-10 in the menís game, final margin blowing out in last few minutes. Caps missed a stack of outside shots, which is what Iím guessing they usually rely on.

Refereeing in both games was fairly good and there was a good flow to both matches.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Actually 4 flown out already

Wizards put on an excellent night, good crowd roll up for both games.

other than the award winners post on their fb page, you wouldn't know that sbl was a bq competition, wouldn't expect to promote it over qbl but maybe a little bit of promo here and there...

someone in the qbl thread says nobody cares about qbl... looks like the people who run the comp feel that way too

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Went up this afternoon.

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          so that makes 2 posts... brilliant
      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

What year did Brisbane host the World Expo?

Working...
      X