Spartans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spartans

Southern Districts will be opening up the stadium on Sunday the 27th November and 4th December from 2pm till 5pm.
    No cost just asking players to respect courts and rings.
    This is a trial to see if there are enough players looking to have a structured scrimmage in Brisbane.
    Players from clubs and Associations welcome to attend.

Comment

THANK YOU

Today I finish my employment with Southern Districts Basketball Association after 35 years, having the time of my life doing the thing I love in life, basketball.

I need to say a huge thank you to all those people over many years who have been part of creating Queensland’s most successful and developing club.
      It has been an honour to work with so many greats such as Steve Lennon, Karen Ellis, Creig and Gaye Stephens along with Ian (Wally) Battis and Big Joe. I apologise for not naming so many others but you know who you are and a huge thank you.

I also must say thank you to those champions from other clubs who, through their own passion and drive, forced the Spartan family and myself to work even harder. Thanks Brian Kerle, Harold Peacock, Fred Van Dongen, Bob Young, Rod Popp, Sid and Beryl Page, Norma Connolly and Warren Berginey to name just a few. Basketball is indebted to you all along with so many others.

I leave the club knowing that it is in the best possible hands under the direction of Peter Foster and a new professional board who will take the Spartans on to the next level.

To the multitude of juniors that have moved through the club during my time, in reflection, I enjoyed every minute of the experience both good and bad. Without the experience of defeat there can be no joy in success.

A special mention to Aaron Honeyman, Ben Thompson, Shona Burrell (O’Bree) and Bec Stephens (Lewis) for allowing me to be part of your development as players and great young Australians. These fine young athletes epitomise what the Spartan family is about and I thank you for your loyalty over such a long time. You all made the work worthwhile and I thank you for your dedication and support.

While I may be departing I commit to serving our great family club whenever needed in the future. Again I thank everyone for the great experience and wish everyone well in the future.

Allan Ladewig

“Remember today is the first day of the rest of your life. Enjoy it”

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X