Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there still guys playing at Kelvin Grove state school Or at Stafford? I'm keen to come and visit.

Comment

Shand St Stafford gets run at random times day/night

Comment

Just stumbled across a group on facey - Brisbane Basketball Pickup Games

Probably worth joining for those who are into random runs - looks to be all South Bris though.

Comment

Some guys run at Carina on Fri mornings from 10:30am.

Comment

yeah still heaps of guys at Kelvin Grove every saturday and Shand st every tuesday and most otherdays of the week mostly tues and sunday.

Comment

Street ball in Kangaroo point

Hi all,

I am new in town and based in kangaroo point.
              Could you please tell me where I can go to play some streetball?

Cheers,

Comment

Carina, Friday morning from 10am onwards. Usually 15-20 players. 5 on 5 full court.....

Comment

3 on 3

Heard there might be some new 3 on 3 tournament coming up in Brisbane. Prize money and the like. Anyone know anything?

Comment

Just to let you guys know, Kelvin Grove weekend arvo basketball still going on alive and well

Fri+Sat 3:00pm until sunset, depending on rain.

It's a 5 minute zone 1 bus ride from city, take the 66, 330, 333 or 340 from King George Square, get off at the QUT stop. Walk towards the football field, you can't miss it.

There are generally 20-40~ people spread across 4 half-courts. Just ask to join in a game, we play pick up 4-on-4 half-courts.

Comment

Streetball South Brisbane

I am new in town and living south of Brisbane.
                      Where I can go to play some streetball anywhere south of brisbane towards the gold coast?

Cheers

Comment

Full court basketball weekends in Spring Hill

I?m looking for 7-9 team-oriented guys to play full court basketball at the Brisbane Girls Grammar School?s outdoor courts in Spring Hill on Saturday and/or Sunday mornings.

I?ve spent the past year playing Tuesday nights at Auchenflower but I?ve realized it is far too expensive. I loved playing pick-up basketball back in the States as it was a fun way to stay in shape while at the same time being able to hang out with friends. I haven?t seen much outdoor pick-up Bball in Brisbane so I?d like to try and start something up.

So, if your keen to have a run and have a team first attitude, feel free to send me an SMS on 0452 203 643. When I start to get enough numbers to at least play 3 on 3, I?ll organize a time for us to meet.

Comment

Games at springhill girls grammar every weekend sat and sun usually from about 3 or 4 til dark........also pick up games at UQ outside from 5pm most nights (I go wed ) usually 20 or 30 people......

Comment

The Ballers Community

Great info on here.

I run a community events business called The Ballers Community in Brisbane and we meet every month for different events, some events are 4 teams of 7 which I mix people up, and other events are 3-on-3 comps where teams register in the competition and compete for a money prize at the end.

Check us out, we're just starting out but it's going great and people are loving it. The dream is to really promote Brisbane basketball and get it back to the point that it once was.

We're on www.meetup.com/brisbane-basketballers-community for the events and also on www.facebook.com/theballerscommunity

A website is coming soon where people can announce their local pickup games in a calendar and create their own event where people can RSVP.

Check it out! Hope to ball with you all soon.

Matt.

Comment

These games still running?

Transplant from Los Angeles, CA USA. All these games still going? (Macgregor, Yeronga, UQ, Kelvin Grove, BGGS, etc.)

Looking to run. Went to Hibiscus one night, no luck.

Comment

I drive past the Terrace courts on Water St Spring Hill regularly and there always seems to be a run there.

Shand St Stafford is a regular spot too.

Can't comment on anywhere else, but I'm sure there are a few forum lurkers here who could confirm where some other good spots currently are.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                                Working...
                                X