This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick-up games in Brisbane

A few people have suggested I start this thread, so here you go.

If anybody knows of anybody pick-up games in Brisbane, post details here pls. I'm sure there are a bunch that we all don't know about.

Here's one I've been told about ...

Where: Gregory Park, Baroona/Haig Rds Milton
    When: Saturdays 3pm

Friday 10am till 12:30pm

May be a bit hard for most to get to but with an average of 30 players turning up there is always enough to go hard. $3 for entry. Fairly high standard with another three courts used for just shooting around.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey There
      This sounds good
      Is it for Men?
      If so where is this Stadium at?

Pick Up Game

Hey all
    Sunday Arvo at Churchies high school Cnr of Stanley Tce and Mowbray Tce East Brisabane..

And what time at carina courts

Comment

Brisbane Pick Up Games

Sunday afternoon Brisbane runs I've been to:

- Gregory Terrace on Water Street in Spring Hill, theres a full court fronting the road you can't miss it. Nice and competitive, very popular. I think all the guys that used to play at southbank ended up here.

- Churchie, East Brisbane, usually a half court game going on at least.

- Macgregor HS, Mt Gravatt, tons of asians, the 4 or so full courts they have here usually fills up.

It'd be good if people could keep this updated cause it took me a while to find these runs!

Comment

Hibiscus has been good lately.... heaps of asians, but then you will get some ABA, GBL and has-beens running around

Comment

brisbane basketball

must be the nba on tv

hibiscus is a good spot when they dont have other sports on.

what's the best time there for pick up games?

Comment

it really must be the NBA on free tv

sunday afternoons kev broome undercover court if you feel like driving 6 hours to Gladstone mostly asians but not to bad for some fun....

Comment

brisbane just needs an inner city 'venice beach' style setup.

3-4 courts with quality backboards and rings. put it in a park. someone central for the ballers to hang!

ill donate it if i win the lotto!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                brisbane just needs an inner city 'venice beach' style setup.

3-4 courts with quality backboards and rings. put it in a park. someone central for the ballers to hang!

ill donate it if i win the lotto!
                When Surfers Paradise redo their broadwalk alone the beach it would be great if the council think to put 3 or four courts in. Dreaming or even at southbank somewhere.

Comment

brisbane baller heaven

i'd be happy to donate $50.. what do you reckon the chances of 2000 other people in brisbane doing the same. that'd be $100k. reckon its worth looking into?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                    i'd be happy to donate $50.. what do you reckon the chances of 2000 other people in brisbane doing the same. that'd be $100k. reckon its worth looking into?
                    Put me down for 50 that makes 2 only 1998 to go

Comment

I'm in for $50, down to 1997

Comment

Great Idea in Brissie but lets just make sure there are no gangsa and stuff starting as it needs to be a welcoming place for any basketballers. I got $50 for it so maybe you should start a face book group?

Gold coast sounds good but to close to the beach and the breeze will effect any ones jump shot even Nagas! Redcliffe have a court next to the water front and it has this problem.

Comment

crack - im gonna start a facebook group, ill let you know once i get it up.

good idea about the no gangsta. i think this would be ideal in a family oriented environment like southbank, roma street parklands etc etc - of course thats prime realestate so i dont know if bcc would let u slap down 4 full courts no matter how much cash you have.

it'd be also great if it was well lit for night balling...

the problem at the moment is most of the courts are various school grounds all over brisbane so no one knows where to get a game. if you have a central public spot itd be super easy to get a game

Comment

Formal pickup games - UQ Saturdays 2-4pm.

UQ is now running formal, saturday pickup games at the ISP at UQ St Lucia from 2-4pm starting this Saturday.

$10 entry, rules are:
                            - 10 min games
                            - score kept
                            - defence calls it with official there to supervise and step in if needs be
                            - foul on shooter, 1 shot to make 2 or 3 pts
                            - winning team keeps the court
                            - first 30 people guaranteed a spot.

For more info, see:

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_p...ctionID=158867

or email adam@unireds.com or alex@unireds.com.

Cheers
                            UQ

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                            Working...
                            X