This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No I said swm OR logan. It was pretty easy to read. Step back to seabl.
    So who are you saying out of Logan and SWM should play SBL and not QBL. You made the original comments. I am just trying to understand what you are saying. I think others would also like to hear your logic.

Comment

Originally posted by Who View Post
      So who are you saying out of Logan and SWM should play SBL and not QBL. You made the original comments. I am just trying to understand what you are saying. I think others would also like to hear your logic.
      The original idea that someone posted said one team from south Brisbane. You jumped to the assumption about mergers. One team would mean one club or the other I would think. So that means one team out of swm or logan, as they are the qbl teams in south brisbane.

Comment

The original idea that someone posted said one team from south Brisbane. You jumped to the assumption about mergers. One team would mean one club or the other I would think. So that means one team out of swm or logan, as they are the qbl teams in south brisbane.
        Still confusing me. As you said both Logan and SWM are in the south Brisbane area. You again stated only one team in the south of Brisbane. What is it? A merger or one of these teams being tossed back into SBL.

Comment

Originally posted by Still View Post
          Still confusing me. As you said both Logan and SWM are in the south Brisbane area. You again stated only one team in the south of Brisbane. What is it? A merger or one of these teams being tossed back into SBL.
          Does it really matter? It's all just someone's idea of what might be possible.
          How the QBL is and will be run is up to those who have the power to make the decisions, not what is thrown around on this forum.
          Lets get back to reality. If you have any suggestions of how you think the future QBL should look and function send your documented proposals, potential costings and how it will improve and benefit QBL to QB or your local association. In the long run that is the only way you will really be able to make any changes.

Comment

Shameful

Does it really matter? It's all just someone's idea of what might be possible.
            How the QBL is and will be run is up to those who have the power to make the decisions, not what is thrown around on this forum.
            Lets get back to reality. If you have any suggestions of how you think the future QBL should look and function send your documented proposals, potential costings and how it will improve and benefit QBL to QB or your local association. In the long run that is the only way you will really be able to make any changes.
            Ben can can you give this poster a 12 month ban please
            There is strictly no common sense rule 1.46 being breached in this case.

Comment

Ben can can you give this poster a 12 month ban please
              There is strictly no common sense rule 1.46 being breached in this case.
              Hah.

Some decent discussion has been generated recently regarding the QBL in general. I'll trim the posts in to a new thread for easy/continued reference.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr bEn View Post
                Hah.

Some decent discussion has been generated recently regarding the QBL in general. I'll trim the posts in to a new thread for easy/continued reference.
                Subject for this site. Just watched offsiders this morning. Discussion on women's sport in Australia. Panel talking about Netball grand final in Brisbane this afternoon and how Netball have grown their profile in the past couple of years to end up with 10000 people at a grand final. They then went on to say how netball is under increased competition from other women's sports raising their profile nationally. They talked about soccer, Aussie rules and Big bash cricket. Not a mention of basketball. Here we are, Opals ranked no2 in the world, U17 girls world champs in a truely world game, and we have no profile what so ever. All these initiatives to develop junior players skills will amount to nothing for development of our sport if all we are Doing is providing talent for other sports. Where else can you find a ready made pool of young talent who can run, jump and catch. This is going to get far worse in the next few years as the fore mentioned other sports continually work on their profile. The question I would ask is what is Basketball Australia doing to address this situation before it becomes irreversible.

Comment

Subject for this site. Just watched offsiders this morning. Discussion on women's sport in Australia. Panel talking about Netball grand final in Brisbane this afternoon and how Netball have grown their profile in the past couple of years to end up with 10000 people at a grand final. They then went on to say how netball is under increased competition from other women's sports raising their profile nationally. They talked about soccer, Aussie rules and Big bash cricket. Not a mention of basketball. Here we are, Opals ranked no2 in the world, U17 girls world champs in a truely world game, and we have no profile what so ever. All these initiatives to develop junior players skills will amount to nothing for development of our sport if all we are Doing is providing talent for other sports. Where else can you find a ready made pool of young talent who can run, jump and catch. This is going to get far worse in the next few years as the fore mentioned other sports continually work on their profile. The question I would ask is what is Basketball Australia doing to address this situation before it becomes irreversible.
                  I think you will find that the Firebirds are much more aligned with the grass roots of their game. They are a Queensland representative team so get unified support from right across the state. Elite basketball on the other hand is very much about individual teams in a specific area so doesn't get full state support. A classic example is that the third largest city in our country couldn't field an NBL team till this year and now can't field a WNBL team.

Comment

qbl 2017 coaching vacancies and appoinmtents

Anyone have any news on 2017 coaching appointments or vacancies, have heard Bundy are looking to replace Daniels and T'bar are re-appointing Coach Cockram.
                    Tweedy is of course coaching Rocky and Mackay are looking according to sources!!
                    That's all I know of at this stage!

Comment

Anyone have any news on 2017 coaching appointments or vacancies, have heard Bundy are looking to replace Daniels and T'bar are re-appointing Coach Cockram.
                      Tweedy is of course coaching Rocky and Mackay are looking according to sources!!
                      That's all I know of at this stage!
                      That's all "you" know!! We don't even know who you are! If you are confident in your sources then you should put your name to your assumptions!

Comment

My name is Ryan, I'm just fan of the league trying to see what's up. ? want to try get involved at board level with any teams in the Brisbane Region.
                        Info is just what I've heard from a friend who plays. Not sure if its accurate hoping someone can confirm or squash rumours.

Comment

My name is Ryan, I'm just fan of the league trying to see what's up. ? want to try get involved at board level with any teams in the Brisbane Region.
                          Info is just what I've heard from a friend who plays. Not sure if its accurate hoping someone can confirm or squash rumours.
                          Why even create a rumour

Comment

believe it or not BQ are investigating moving to the home of the Spartans so they have a direct link to9 the Bullets. It is suggested they are looking to mkake carina home there. With new structure happening it has legs no matter how wrong it may appear from other clubs views. Watch this space as a certain CEO looks to justify such a move.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                              believe it or not BQ are investigating moving to the home of the Spartans so they have a direct link to9 the Bullets. It is suggested they are looking to mkake carina home there. With new structure happening it has legs no matter how wrong it may appear from other clubs views. Watch this space as a certain CEO looks to justify such a move.
                              Well it looks like everyone is moving to districts then cause even the refs are going. jason kelly and pat from logan were all seen there refing and eveluating last night for bqjbc.
                              is this a permanant move for these? thats some losses for logans ref numbers.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                              Working...
                              X