No announcement yet.

QBL 2019 - Preseason

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So apart from gladstone being on the front foot much other news, does Mackay, Spartans Phoenix have new coaches yet

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      I hear you. My point was that thinking the players owe you something cause you're there home association is a prehistoric notion. You have to be constantly working to make your players feel appreciated and help them with their goals. Little throw away lines like "I don't know if I'd have them back" may actually keep you from luring your junior Stars home, and keep you on the bottom of the league ladder. Invest in what you have to do to retain your players, not give them a kick on the way out.

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Fair enough, the thing is they were never kicked on the way out. They both left and went to Districts to try and get shots at NBL. No problem at all. The issue was when they all had the chance to join together again it appeared their and the Meehls decision to join RIP was a “We’ll show you” response. If it wasn’t. Like to know what it was. Anyway they are all good people and we will see what happens now.

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Wait are we calmly talking and discussing issues like grown adults? I thought this was a place for emotional rants that make no sense, where we insult each other at every turn lol. Nice chatting and good luck for the season!

"What is it about this “Charade” that’s upsets you so."

From the outside looking in, would it be the losing? That would be my guess. Lots of talk with zero delivery from where i am up north.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Vern & Warwick dont put fear into opposition teams

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      With regards to the comment above about Rip and Phoenix merging, this would be the best scenario in the world to happen for basketball on the Sunshine Coast but unfortunately as stated there are too many people who think they run things that won't let it happen due to ego.

It is completely backwards with the animosity that exists between some of the people. Absolutely childish behaviour because their kid didn't get picked in front of another kid, or a parent didn't get the answer they wanted at one club so they went to the other one. Honestly the example it is setting for the kids is completely dismal.
      And the flow on effect can be seen as the state of Junior Rep basketball is appalling on the Coast, only 1 team in Premiere league between the 2 clubs for U/16's & 18's. And with the Senior programs, the Rip QBL Men's strongest players are Phoenix (Maroochydore) juniors.

Imagine if you had all the best players on the Coast playing together, not saying they win everything but they would be alot more competitive. I know the GC has two clubs but it is a bigger population. The Sunshine Coast isn't there yet.

Unfortunately I think that Phoenix will fall apart due to it having to many cancerous people within each club who only have their own personal egos in mind. As with most great ideas, the concept is great, it is people that let it down.

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Well if it does fail, for a few minutes the people who wanted it to happen will be smiling until they realise what they just handed to RIP. Noosa and Caloundra juniors on a platter, future QBL points reductions and the probability that Maroochydore going alone in QBL will collapse leaving RIP with all the lollies. Which is what they would have had in the first place by joining a SSC association but without all this carnage

Is someone arguing that the main reason to ensure continuance of the 'Phoenix' association is so that the QBL program can reap the points benefits of any juniors coming up from Caloundra or Noosa?

I'm sorry, but if you're serious that is unfortunately quite the giggle. Caloundra is no more than a small social association with smaller participation numbers that doesn't aspire to be anything. Let's be serious, no decent kid is coming from there. Noosa is better but hearing they want to go it on their own as they have gotten squat from the marger.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry, I didn't know I was debating against Maude Flanders. "Won't somebody pleeeeease think of the children?!"

Not bagging any group, just calling a spade a spade. What have I said that isn't true? You can't keep hiding behind the 'benefit of the kids' throwaway line.

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      No. I should say sorry. What on earth was I thinking. You are completely right, 100%. Phoenix is a completely ridiculous concept. Where in the world would anyone else do such a thing. RIP. You were completely right to stay away because kids don’t matter. If you find you have some excellent administrators to spare, could you send them to Caloundra because it appears they are a mess and need them. Why did we even bother. Where were you a few years back to have stopped us before investing all this time and effort into our kids. At least I know now that the six hours I’ll give up over the weekend is all for nothing. What will you be doing.

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Won’t somebody pleeeeease think of the poor children!

Do you have $2 to spare? Please consider donating to the starving children of Caloundra.

Jason borg new head coach of the Mackay Meteors!
    Thoughts?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      So he said they aren’t bringing any guards in and looking to bring in big man?
      What’s everyone thoughts on that?
      Can Cedar play point?
      If they keep there same locals from last year who is starting?
      PG wicks?
      SG cedar?
      Or
      PG cedar
      SG gamblin/Blicavs

I’m not sure if that back court can win you a championship

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Cedar isn’t in good shape to play the one, but he can play the point just need to get in shape

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      You’ll be surprised with this young back court

Will Borg remain GM as well?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Of course he will. Macktown have a big bankroll, but I don't think the HC of their QBL program attracts a full time wage :O

https://sdbal.com.au/spartans-qbl-me...-announcement/

Who are the players likely to be retained from last year....and who will be new/returning faces under Coach Scheibner ?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Scheibs shouldn’t have been let go to begin with. What a pile of shit the Spartans have been since

Bring back Henefin pls?

I will pay when SD come to town just to watch Schiebs on the sideline again!!!
    He's always good value

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Scheibner will attract a great bunch of guys.
      Quality old school coach.
      Hopefully Spartans can be competitive and some what relevant compared to the powerhouse clubs of the QBL like Caps.

Other rumours about Mackinnon getting job over the Torrents you’re kidding right????
      What has Mackinnon done compared to the success of the Torrents.
      Cmon Man

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      What Caps players will exit with the coaching change ?

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Sam Mac, confirmed as Caps mens coach.
      Is recruiting big time from across the league

I heard that Brad Williams will be head coach of Phoenix 2019. Wealth of knowledge and be a great role model for the up and coming players on SC.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
      I heard that Brad Williams will be head coach of Phoenix 2019. Wealth of knowledge and be a great role model for the up and coming players on SC.
      Absolutely not, Vern is the head coach. Brad has not even coach at junior level.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Brad Williams is a former Sydney Kings, Canberra Cannons, NZ Breakers and Cairns Taipans forward. He's been off the scene for a decade and never coached a game from what I can recall so I'm surprised to see him linked with the Phoenix.

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        There is no fucking link, stop making shit up

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        I think the poster is actually referring to Corey 'Homocide' Williams who has signed to the Phoenix as player/coach in 2019.

First signing out of Rockhampton...... https://www.facebook.com/Rockhampton...92688694192610

Comment

https://www.thechronicle.com.au/news...neers/3563997/

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow so Morseu is a one and done? Kinda surprised but Breen would be an improvement.

A lot of new coaches and coaches changing positions at clubs next year.
        Mackay
        spartans
        caps
        south west
        toowoomba
        phoenix
        All new people in the chairs.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Danny Breen from Ipswich is now coaching Toowoomba Men’s QBL team

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Why isn’t he coaching Ipswich?

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Breen hasn't coached at Ipswich for years, and I wouldn't blame him for not stepping foot in the door

So best local players in the qbl who ranks top 10?

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          I would also pick mackay over Townsville sorry mate

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Lots has been written regarding the cock-ups that the Sunshine Coast has made since [and proably before] the amalgamation. The Clippers are dead, long live the Phoenix!

For the sake of this thread, here is a team that the Clippers could have, and would have had last season and for the next few. All are current players in the QBL so not a dream team, just a what if team.

Zane Meehl, Zeke Meehl, Josh Tueta, Isaih Tueta, Jamal Robateau, Nelson Kahla, Matt Adekponia, [now WASBL??] plus some already-blooded juniors, Bede, Connor, Haydon & Johnno from Buderim & Connor, Riley, Dane & Flynn from the Uni. All except for Nelson [Brisbane] and Matty [WASBL] played for either of the "split teams".

With a couple of imports/nbl's [genuine] bigs, that team might contend.

Obviously I am from the coast and rather than blowing trumpets , I truely lament not having that team together. 'f only!

Anyone have their own, local, curently-playing list?

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          M Cedar C Cedar Rees Froling Crawford Heuir Vale Betts Tudehope McCully - would love to see an all local team in townsville next year

Muggeridge back in charge for the cyclones by the looks of things

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          That was announced weeks ago

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Only just seen on facebook. Where was it announced previously

Rockets announced Jimmy Mitchell is back again

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Rockets are going to be back to being a force again next year i think.

Lopez Mitchell Trigger Bruce Heuir and all of their locals...

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Hahahaha I love how people take a guess on who's recruiting who and make out they know. The only confirmed signing for the Rockets is Mitchell.
      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X