QBL 2019 - Preseason

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QBL 2019 - Preseason

Oh oh, Gladstone has started signing early as again! Other clubs don't get left behind, make sure you start your recruiting and signing before it's to late........... Sarcasm

Still waiting for this “big” Rockhampton signing

Comment

You'll be waiting a while

Comment

No "big" signings...fake news surely

Comment

Not in the next few weeks anyway. This is the time where only Gladstone quickly signs it's whole team.

Comment

So finally I’ve heard that rumour everyone keeps talking about in here
            So apparently wicks has committed to the Rockets for 2 Years and also trig has offered him the JDO “junior development officer” job down here too. If that’s true well congratulations to him and a nice young pick up for the Rockets, But it’s not something to be wowed about

Comment

So finally I’ve heard that rumour everyone keeps talking about in here
              So apparently wicks has committed to the Rockets for 2 Years and also trig has offered him the JDO “junior development officer” job down here too. If that’s true well congratulations to him and a nice young pick up for the Rockets, But it’s not something to be wowed about

Comment

No one is talking, it's just you

Comment

Wrong person, but I guess your angry Wade your player is leaving you team for one of your rivals.... nice work mate

Comment

Drew, please keep Wade's name out of your comments. Instead of trying to stir the pot and take shots at your own club. Put that energy into your junior coaching.

Comment

So has Gladstone actually signed anyone yet?

Comment

For the purpose of this comment, Let me identify as "Iwantnblthreadplease"

Still no interest in an NBL thread? Is there a reason for NBL exclusion?

Early days, I know, but the opening 3 games of the season were stunning. First of all, Brisbane Bullets, who apparantly have already secured the wooden spoon, defeat the highly fancied Breakers in NZ. Then Adelaide / Perth present a 1 point thriller, which probably show-cased many of the strengths of these formidable oponents. It's like they both determined to live up to the hype of these 2 teams hating each other. THEN..., WE GET QUADRUPLE OT between the Hawkes, who presumeably will try to wrest the "spoon" from the Bullets, and Melbourne who, by all accounts, will battle Sydney for end-of-season glory, Melbourne came away with the W, just. Which heaps more qudos on the loser than the winner, IMO.

This arvo, Adelaide take on Sydney, I can't wait. Probably get back on here after game, and babble some more (No, you don't have to read it) but it would be easier to avoid me if there actually was somewhere that I could vent/rant. Can we have a dedicated thread for me and the other NBL fan out there?

Comment

Guest commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Whats this got to do with QBL pre-season?

Fair question m8.

Have previously had a specific NBL thread, but the activity eventually waned to a zero point.

I highly recommend http://www.hoops.com.au - it's the best NBL forum going around. Great discussion and you can continue posting as anon if you wish.

No probs if you want to continue posting in here in the meantime. Thanks for the interest.

Comment

"Iwantannblthreadplease": thanks Ben. Already use hoops.com. Frankly like your layout but that's just a small point.

Comment

Both Capitals QBL jobs up for grabs.........but does anyone really see the Torrents not being given the gig again. Most successful W/L ration in the past 5 regular seasons....just can not get the chip.

Comment

Guest commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Davis and Windsor have both come through the SBL program to play meaningful minutes. There are probs more in the team or who are about to come through.

Guest commented
                              Editing a comment
                              You mean the juniors that left the year before to form a super team at Pirates only to lose the final to the Tarrant coached Caps "leftovers". Good point!!! Crowe hasn't left he is playing 21's for Tarrant but was gone to Brisbane until Tarrant's intervention. Dennis was well looked after by the Tarrant's including playing preseason games with the Caps this year and has left because of the families displeasure with Murry Aldred. Caps juniors to play in a winning Caps QBL program include Davis, Windsor, Malloy, Wilson, Lam, Soong, Campbell, Martin, Venus, Di Lorio, Greene and yes Venus was coming back to play for the Tarrant's again in 2019. Kopcikas came to Brisbane as a 17 year old from Grafton and was developed by the Tarrant's. Tarrant remains coach of the under 21's and Dragons GBL bringing through the next wave of Caps juniors. Don't see too many other QBL coaches doing that. If you want make disparaging comments please check the facts before you mouth off.

Guest commented
                              Editing a comment
                              South teams have nothing on the northern teams for bringing juniors up
                          Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                          Working...
                          X