Townsville to defeat Phoenix
    RIP to defeat Southern Districts
    Cairns to defeat Phoenix
    Rocky to defeat SW
    Capitals to defeat Power
    Logan to defeat Power
    Toowoomba to defeat Gold Coast
    NGC to defeat Districts

If this occurs the ladder will be set 1-7 (Mack, Tville, Logan, RIP, Caps, Cairns, Rocky) with four teams (GC, Ippy Twba and SW) all finishing on an 8-10 record for equal 8th !
    Good luck to the muppets at BQ trying to figure that out !

Results that can shift the 7th and 8th place on the ladder:
    GC v Ippy, Mackay v SW, Rocky v SW, GC v Toowomba

Friday
    Ipswich @ Gold Coast
    South West @ Mackay
    Phoenix @ Townsville

Saturday
    Spartans @ Rip
    Phoenix @ Cairns
    South West @ Rocky
    Caps @ Gladstone

Sunday
    Logan @ Gladstone
    Toowoomba @ Gold Coast
    Seahawks @ Spartans

The current top 5 teams are guaranteed playoff spots:
    Mackay 14/3
    Townsville 14/3
    Logan 13/4
    Rip 12/5
    Caps 10/7

I haven't given thought to tiebreakers and so forth, but there are five teams that have a sniff at the last three spots:
    Cairns 9/8
    South West 8/8
    Ipswich 8/9
    Rocky 8/9
    Gold Coast 7/9

My predictions:
    Cairns - beat Phoenix, finish 10/8
    South West - lose to Mackay & Rocky, finish 8/10
    Ipswich - lose to Gold Coast, finish 8/10
    Rocky - beat South West, finish 9/9
    Gold Coast - beat Ipswich and Toowoomba, finish 9/9

Again, don't know how the tiebreakers are going but thinking these will at least be the 8 teams in the mix:
    1. Mackay 15/3
    2. Townsville 15/3
    3. Logan 14/4
    4. Rip 13/5
    5. Caps 10/8
    6. Cairns 10/8
    7. Rocky 9/9
    8. Gold Coast 9/9

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      If Rocky and GC end up on the same record, then GC finish 7th and Rocky finish 8th. GC beat Rocky in Rocky by 44!

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Toowoomba has the wood on both Ippy and GC so if they beat GC on Sunday they can still make it.

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Toowoomba in the box seat. GC to beat Ippy and then a fresh Toowoomba to beat the Rollers.

Everyone hating on Ipswich again. Guess they will just silently continue to prove everyone in the league wrong. At the start of the season many people on this page had them bottom three. Funny how things change...mark my words, Ipswich will not lose this game

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      There were what, 3 buzzer beaters from Ipswich in the first game....on the Ippy floor before GC started to get their shit together.
      Ipswich have probably outperformed what people expected. Harvey has stepped up and improved his game, guys like Polain and Ralph have matured. But lets not go big noting just yet. Team is yet to progress to playoffs. If in a couple of years the team unit is the same, coach is the same and they win the title....then you can point at the strategic plan and how your youth policy worked.

Reckon there was some rumblings down at Auchenflower this week regarding the women's program AGAIN.
    QBL team struggling in 12th, SBL team miss the top 6. Been through a heap of coaches in the last few years, questions might be asked and probably should

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Why so many coaches ? Pandering to a playing group ?

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    Everyone hating on Ipswich again. Guess they will just silently continue to prove everyone in the league wrong. At the start of the season many people on this page had them bottom three. Funny how things change...mark my words, Ipswich will not lose this game
    Enjoy your off season ippy

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Ippy were 20/23 from free throws in the first half. Only had two free throws in the second half. The referees for a important game for both clubs were so poor

Booker is an arrogant pig. No respect for his team mates. Yeah he can play, I’ll gvie him that but what I saw today was pure arrogance. Glad I don’t play in the same team as him. You can see why so many players walked. He is selfish and only about himself and obviously the coach can’t control him because he thinks he is higher then everyone. Well Mr Booker you aren’t , hope you enjoy your pay cheque and it was enough for your ego.

Comment

Even though the game meant nothing the tville/ sunny coast game was a cracker

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Pffft all it was, was watching two guys shoot the ball. One being selfish who doesn’t know how to pass. The vile was always going to lose. Looking for cairns to crack sunny coast tonight.

Where is Coenraad and Wilson for Caps tonight? Did they run out of cash after paying BQ to allow the 3 restricted players to allow to play.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Just because a muppet in a cardigan says he’s not doesn’t mean it’s true.
        Coenrad is restricted
        Caps are charting and it’s sanctioned stop kidding yourself.

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Sooo much salt

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Salty true but doesn’t exclude the fact that a cardigan wearing muppet has destroyed the integrity of a league and made 2 of the cheating teams making the finals farsical. If I was SW or Ippy I’d ask for compensation from the 3 clubs cheating.
        Simply strip Caps Rip and Gladstone’s wins post acknowledgment of the cheating

Who you got today rollers or Toowoomba

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Mackay could of been possibly busy making sure the biggest supporter and sponsor base in the league was happy on game nights. Must be nice all that free time you have down South with only 25 people at the venue!

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Rollers games consistently had big numbers for most the season despite their record.
        Logan also had very solid numbers at games.
        Most other southern teams had poor crowds.
        Mackay has an impressive set up it would be good to showcase it for the rest of the state that’s all

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Totally agree. I'm sure it will be talked about by all clubs at the end of the season. It should be mandatory in my opinion and I hope it is moving forward. Massive shout out to all the clubs for doing it! And we shouldn't bash them at their first crack at it. If it's so bad turn the sound off. I'm just happy there's free basketball available. It's awesome

Just an observation but there was only 3 clubs that had their Men's and women's team both make the Finals. Townsville, Mackay and Rocky. There's talk that the South has bridged the gap but it just looks like different teams just put the lions share of the resources into 1 program or the other down south. Spartans, Ippy and South West women's teams are loaded, and it doesn't look like much went to the men's. Where Caps, Rollers, Rip etc pumped a lot more funding into their men's teams.

Just an observation but it seems to be famine or feast when it comes to the South.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        It's not a North vs Soutb debate. the comment was made that 3 clubs got both their men's and women's teams into the Finals. There was no "well done" it was immediately turned into a North v South debate. And the tearing down of the achievement.

No one bragged. Just the self conciois people who've not tasted success dragging down others to try and mask that feeling.

And deciding who the only team is to feel good about themselves lol

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Probably the best part is successless clubs determining what is success and what's not lol

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Rockets to cause another upset in the finals and take out Mackay.

With 4 teams from South & North making up the finals you can say that the points system was a success this year.

Comment

Whats the Ric Lawyer story about him parting ways with the Seahawks?

Comment

With 4 teams from South & North making up the finals you can say that the points system was a success this year.
          The points system was a success in 2018 - said no one ever.

There was an even north/south split in 2017 without all of the errors, exemptions, dispensations, new rules created on the spot, mid season re rating & double dipping.

for the points system to continue the rules need an absolute overhaul to get rid of this perceived gray area and “open to interpretation” bs.

put back in the rule about all clubs being notified if points are appealed “by way of transparency”.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah the secret squirrels appeals that went on completely ruined it this year. You're right that's the one rule that would of fixed all of this. The comp manager is 100% not capable of handling that solo.

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Did not even have the semi final draw correct on the QBL website last night. Incompetence personified. Is this what we are paying for.

Nope

Comment

Regular Season Report Card:

Mackay (15-3): A

Came in with a few unknowns (Robinson and Larkins), Blamch and Cedar consistent throughout and apart from 1 hiccup against RIP, very solid season. Robsinson a quiet achiever for mine, impressive athlete and very active, bench unit also extremely effective

Townsville (15-3): A-

Big budget to go with a star studded starting five, Wilcher and Froling had great seasons and Baker was very complimentary. A bit light on in the bench department and Jett and PC were up and down but still a great regular season, unlucky to not claim 1st holding them to an A-

Logan (14-4): A

Quietly achieved a great regular season, even with a troubling road trip in round 1. Kyei and Young best frontcourt for mine, with Simmons playmaking ability helping out the abundance of 3pt shooters they have. Only south team with a real shot of challenging Townsville and Mackay in 3 game series.

USC RIP (13-5): A-

A consistent season for the Rip, with only one real blemish to the Spartans. Tueta‘a and Hurdle consistent as always, electric at times and McCallister as a wildcard was entertaining as well, definitely added a bit of depth but struggled on the road again this year, 4/5 matchup with Caps should be a cracker

Brisbane Capitals (11-7): B+

This team was dead and buried before the arrival of Coenraad and the resurgence of Aaron Anderson. The deepest team in the league but also the most volatile with the reliance on pressure defence and bulk three point shooting, have a chance to knock off Mackay in a one game battle but can’t see them winning a series in the north

Cairns Marlins (10-8): B-

Underperformed for mine with the starting 5 assembled, mostly unknowns at the QBL level but players with good resumes. Think they lacked a “star” as Jurlina and Fisher did most of the heavy hitting and a relatively quiet season for NBL level Kuany. Maybe a rebuilding year as they say for the Marlins but a playoff trip nonetheless

Gold Coast Rollers (9-9): C+

A clear underachievement for the team assembled, however this C+ will be long forgotten with a road W in the playoffs. A deep, veteran laden team as well as future stars seemed to struggle at times but show glimpses of great ball. McVeigh showed the ability, and while Adek struggled, he adjusted to the bench role and this team has a chance to make noise after a mediocre regular season

Rockhampton Rockets (9-9): B-

I was low on Rocky heading into the season so scraping a playoff spot is not a bad effort. Mitchell was uber consistent for Rocky, as was Lopez’s shooting ability. The imports seemed too like for like for mine and I think this hindered their ability to be a top 4 team. Bernard seemed to take the reigns from Willis but maybe this was not the best idea, a league leader in turnovers. Very slim chance in Mackay, but stranger things have happened, Rocky has talent just not sure how they are as a team

Ipswich Force (8-10): B
            South West Metro (8-10): B-
            Toowoomba (7-11): B+
            SC Phoenix (6-12): C-
            Gladstone (4-14): C-
            Seahawks (3-15): C+
            Southern Districts (3-15): C

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              How can you give Phoenix a C- that’s a joke besides the GC and Spartans biggest. With the team that was assembled they should get a D

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              wow! I think you have a bit of recency bias there (thinking too much about the last 5 games not the whole season)

Mackay A+ Looked comfortable most of the season despite a fair bit of player turnover
              Townsville A- 3 losses and 2 against the top 2 - pretty good but as expected
              Logan A Aprat from the opening round they were good!
              Rip B+ McAlister was a good get - spluttered towards the end
              Brisbane B+ started really poorly until they got Coenraad in
              Cairns C very disappointing especially at hoome
              GC C that roster and you scrape into the playoffs?

Ippy C Only saved by beating shit teams at the death
              SWMetro D- Woeful offensively. Not sold on anyone they had - players or coaches most if whom are highly rated
              Toowoomba B+ Werent tipped to win many so 7 wins is a good effort
              SC Phx D- Poor Culture. Poor leadership. Highly disappointing
              Gladstone E I'm not sure what they were actually trying to achieve and fully loaded on players from outside. Wasted money from coaches to players
              Seahawks C+ Competitive through parts of every game except a few poor blowouts but thats what you expect from newbies
              SD D Poor showing from their stars and young players. Embarrassing to have to suit their coach.

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              None is giving BQ an A+ for assisting Rip & Caps to make the Finals again.
              Sanctioned cheating just going by unnoticed.
              Dude is Kaiser Sosai to get away with this ridiculous injustice to the clubs that fought hard all season and didn’t make it
          Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
          Working...
          X