Spartans @ Phoenix
    Rip @ Toowoomba
    Gladstone @ Cairns
    Gold Coast @ Mackay

Sunday
    Rip @ Ipswich
    Caps @ Spartans

My three takeaways from Round 8:

1. Phoenix lose to South West at the death on Friday night, then get pumped by rivals Rip the following evening. A 1-1 split would've been ideal and kept them at .500, they're now precariously placed in 8th and could drop out this weekend.

2. Logan comfortably smacks a fresh Townsville who'd only lost previously to Mackay. True confidence booster for the Thunder who are starting to look very good since the Rip belted them.

3. Spartans lose again and are now 0-8. Intriguing match this week against Phoenix.

My tips for games of the week last week were fizzers (Rip/Phoenix, Cairns/Gladdy). To be honest there's no true 'must see' matches this week. Maybe Caps @ Spartans on Sunday, if only for the rivalry which has previously existed.

Early candidate for Season MVP ?

Men - Blanchfield (Meteors), I Tueta (RIP), Jett (Heat), M Young (Thunder), Bozeman (Mountaineers), Bernard (Rockets) ???????????

Women - Bishop (PHX), Johnson (Force), Garbin (Flames)

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree that Leah Scott has been in the mix. I will say that I feel playing the PG spot takes away her true ability to slash and create from the wing and her overall output. Rip look the goods but no real PG may haunt them.

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Natalie Hurst???

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Aaryn Ellenberg ???

Who's the new NZ national playing for the cyclones???

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Haven't seen any announcements

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    Who's the new NZ national playing for the cyclones???
    Brooke Blair

Comment

Was Ric Lawyer sacked from Seahawks?

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        That's disgraceful if they sacked him because of their record.

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        They did sack him poor form from runaway bay Seahawks board the guy has been a rock for there sbl programs and the old guy that took over gets ejected the next game boo Seahawks boo

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Seahawks done by almost 60 tonight against Caps, have some serious problems.

Dam Gold Coast v Rocky results finally GC played a game that they were cabable off

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Anyone give GC a chance of getting close to pulling the double in Rocky & Mackay

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        GC now adding moral victories in the win/loss column

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking at GC's run home, will they lose another game?
        Not in this order but Toowoomba x 2, Ipswich x 2, Seahawks, SWM, Rip and Cairns (at home).
        That would give them a record of 12 - 6, enough to sneak in the top 4?

Of*

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        "off", works too!

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        ...Oh! and you could try "damn", next time. Has more .... oomph(?).

Finally Spartans have won a game!!!! Iím sorry Phoenix I think your season is gonnnnnne :/

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        The Phx season is over, the coach has lost them (maybe never had them) but the players are playing for themselves and only themselves.

I am staggered though how the Spartans coach has escaped scrutiny - yes they won one game but they were 0-8!!!??

Seahawks coach gets sacked for poor performance in their first QBL season which should carry no expectation but no one has said anything about a club that left SEABL, has a decent squad and hadn't one a game until Saturday.

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Fair to say, losing this game most likely sealed the coaches fate, shame really, he did an excellent job with the junior's but just had trouble at the senior level.

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with comment 8.16 - How has there been no talk about the Benny T at the Spartans?
        Now I know he is Benny T, but they have grossly under performed at 1-8!!

Was Ric Lawyer sacked from Seahawks?
      Sacked for different reasons internal to the club.... doesnít matter who is coaching, the clubs record would stay the same regardless.... Not disgraceful at all.... a decision that shouldíve happened ages ago

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Shit association for sacking a good dude. Clearly zero understanding of the level required to BUILD to if they jettison a loyal guy like Ric. Year ONE!

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Like I said.... he didn’t get fired because of their record

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Sacked is sacked not a great look for a Seahawks
        Someone from the board needs to come out and say what the reason is but that won’t happen club rumour is they are under financial stress and won’t be in the Qbl next season maybe they should join forces with Gold Coast ?? Bit like the sunny coast teams should

How the fuck does capitals fit 2 imports and an nbl player in there roster?

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Question, can't the 2 teams that Caps beat make a complain to BQ or are they actually under the points cap? Surely in this day and age with all of the transparency then they must be under the cap. The guys that run QBL at BQ surely must be across this and if they aren't then I don't believe there woudn't be shit stirrers within other clubs with a bit of clout asking BQ to please explain??

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Points had to be submitted 2 weeks prior to season tipping off. With 5 paid ( you pay the associations and registered players no one else ) full time staff they can’t check the points and get it right??? I’d ask for a discount next time BQ stick their hand out for your hard earned

They donít, thats how. This move has made a mockery of basketball Qld and their points cap for QBL teams. BQ needs to step in and do something before this goes beyond a joke. Caps should be stripped of their 2 wins this weekend for exceeding the points cap

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        They are well over the cap and I think they know they were and did it anyway! Should be stripped of both wins on the weekend! Massive please explain coming up from BQ!

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Biggest association in Qld think of all the money they generate that’s what BQ care about. Caps probably just bought some more points

They same way any other team does it. Get over it! Maybe you should go work for BQ or something. You can be the point and team I spy

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment

They same way any other team does it. Get over it! Maybe you should go work for BQ or something. You can be the point and team I spy
        Which other teams?

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Can’t get over cheating at the highest level. If I was a Northern Team I’d definitely complain. Why do southern teams get to cheat the points cap?

Can someone solve this one...why does Ipswich bring in paid players only to have them play 5 minutes? A waste of money for a below average talent, there is trouble brewing at the Force

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Or 1:47 in this case.

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Who are we talking about.

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Think Kopcikas is a 1 based on 100+ games. This makes them under if true.

This is only s guess....but if accurate the Capitals Men must be over points allowed. QBL is still 38 points for 15 players, 1 additional point per player over the 15 right?
      Caps have 16 players on the squad listed on the BQ site. That would be 29 allowable points.

A Anderson 12
      A Kopcikas 2
      B Wilson 1
      B Davis 12
      C Lam 1
      J Davis 0.5
      J Leahney 0.5
      M Booysen 0.5
      M Kerle 1
      M King 1
      N Kahler 1
      S Windsor 1
      S Di Lorio 0.5
      T Coeraad 5
      T Soong 0.5
      Z Carter 2

Total is 41.5 ......so if the Caps added another 4 juniors (0.5 each) they would get to 43.5 total points of a possible 43.

So they are either over, or someone on the list is wrong.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Coenraad was unrestricted nbl 5 points

I believe kopcikas got a reduction after playing 100 games I didn’t think he had played 100 games before this season started

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Windsor bbi junior 0.5

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes my apologies Kopcikas should remain a 2 as he had only played 98 when his rating came out. There is no logic to players being re-rated mid season. Otherwise you'd have 23 year olds who turn 24 mid season going from a 1 to a 2 and teams being over. Did they cut enough points to be under with Kopcikas at his correct rating of a 2?

I think they cut some players from that list.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        You know if they cut players, their total points allowed goes down right ?
        12 players contracted = 35 points
        15 players contracted = 38 points
        20 players contracted = 43 points

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. I do. That is how they made it work though.
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X