Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    What athletes have the Caps developed?
    About half the QBL squad. Shame to hear about Dusty's injury - anyone got an update on that?

Comment

Dusty ??? He went home for family reasons ?

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Hurt his knee in the mini tournament @ Phoenix. Just a tweak, he is fine.

So without prejudice or hate.
      Whats the Top8 look like?
      Which teams are missing and why?

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        I like that list. I don't see Mackay finishing below Gladstone. And that is just a minor issue really as you have them 8/9.

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh I think rocky are going to be very tough and you can't underestimate Spartans. Spartans still with parham, Haynes and two very good imports.

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        RIP with a full squad will play finals,no doubt.

Dusty ??? He went home for family reasons ?
      ACL

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        He hasn’t done his ACL it was a slight knee knock. No problems

ACL
      Well that aint a tweet to the knee

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        That's terrible could be career ending at his age.

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, done for the season with ACL. This would have been his last season too. Not a good way to retire but happens a lot. maybe he should have rested that weekend and missed 2 of the Caps 18 pre-season games.

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        He’s not out for he season he has not done his ACL he will be playing Round 1

Rockhampton vs mackay preseason game this Saturday.
      Mackay without Nelson and Robinson.
      Rockhampton will have everyone playing.

mackay 5
      wicks
      gamblin
      blanchfield
      Rasmussen
      tragardh

Rockhampton 5
      Willis
      Bernard
      Mitchell
      lopez
      corrigan

any predictions?

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Gladstone won't get close to top four , good chance for the bottom four maybe

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Caps are not a top 4 team without Dusty.

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Caps have
        Carter Wilson Kahler Davis Anderson that is as good or better than any starting 5. Defensive ability, big game players that can score at a higher level.

Townsville vs Cairns on Sat night too - In Brownsville. No Matt Smith or Fabian Krslovic for Cairns. I assume No Baker or Wilcher for Townsville

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Will be close game without key guys out for Townsville

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        They have everyone except Justin Baker.

Any score Spartan vs Neers... I saw Force got done by 20points by Caps. Going to be a long session for Force Fans

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s called playing fox, Ipswich has been written off by people that obviously don’t know. Just watch the Force this year. Easily Top 4 team

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Force are a good bunch of dudes, but not a Top 4 team.

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        It was a walk in the park for Brisbane and a game between two teams who will be fighting at opposite ends of the ladder.

Anyone on here know where I can watch game tape on the internet?

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        YouTube mate

So who won in the game on the weekend?
      Ipswich vs. Caps
      Sparta vs. Neers
      Macktown vs. Rockvegas
      Cairns vs. TownsvilleTitleTown
      Logan vs. Goldy

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Did McVeigh play for Gold Coast and who won the game GC v Logan

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Mcveigh did play and GC won by about 10. Was pretty tight with a 3 mins to go and GC guys made plays down the stretch.

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Both teams missing approximately 5 players each. Not a true indication of talent that will play.

They days of Mackay, Rocky, Gladstone and Spartans dominating the women's league are OVER!!! 2018 is South West's year.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Just a bit early to call.

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeh, South West team is loaded and anything less than a grand final appearance would be an underachievement.

Heard tonight that dusty is out for the season and hanging up the boots. Rough way to go out.

Comment

With Dusty out for the season (retired maybe) surely the Capitals have to scramble to find a replacement big ? Does that mean the second import gets cut ?

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          They’ve already planned for this in off season and improved their big man stocks, added Nelson Kahler and Ben wilson both those guys are winners and provide perimeter shooting along with rebounding strength and ability to switch everything on D.

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Well they haven't planned well. Cause Dusty is the heart beat of that team and holds it together. And the fact he also added a 3pt shot to his game meant the paint was open for dribble drives. While I like Kaeler and Wilson, they are not even 20% of what Rychart brings. Nice generalisation throwing out that they're "winners". But no fact behind that. One could barely stay on the court for longer than 3 minutes with foul trouble (I'm sure the way Brisbane hack and play up and in won't make that worse lol) and the other was part of a team that lost 11 straight. Neither can shoot from the perimeter so the paint will be clogged all year with Rychart gone. No Onwas to rebound and defend the paint in that 3 spot. This Brisbane team is in trouble. They will beat some of the lesser organised teams in the South, but they have certainly got a weaker roster than last year. Good test for Geoff. I do rate him as a good coach who prepares his team well.

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Wilson is a great defender and a team player, so congrats to the Caps for luring him back. But a Rychart he is not. Wilson will defend up to the PF position against smaller teams, but against true bigs they will have to throw Nelson and Zac at the 5......and against bigs like Matt Smith in Cairns, that spells trouble. Rocky beat the 1 ranked Caps at home in last years playoffs by having a big post player that needed constant double teams. Take a leaf out of that book and rotate the ball.....

MEN PRE SEASON POWER RANKING:

1. Townsville
        2. Mackay
        3. Brisbane
        4. Logan
        5. Spartans
        6. RIP
        7. Logan
        8. Gold Coast
        9. Rockhampton
        10. South West
        11. Cairns
        12. Phoenix
        13. Ipswich
        14. Seahawks
        15. Toowoomba

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          I would change Townsville and Mackay around, after mackay beat Rockhampton pretty easy, without 3 starters. Townsville went 1 n 1 against cairns on the weekend.

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Why are Logan and Spartans the 4 and 5 in your rankings? That is based on nothing but your personal love for them. Cause it's not based on their roster. That prediction table is a mess from top to bottom. Actually that's a bit harsh. Bottom 3 look right. GC will be very tough, Zero chance Cairns come 11 with what they have. Phoenix have possibly spent the most on their roster in the whole league. Zero chance they finish outside the top 8. I'm still laughing at Logan and Spartans ranked so high.

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Thoughts on the top 2? I think it’s pretty much set for back to back grand final Townsville vs mackay?

Gladstone in a comfortable 106-101 win over the Rockets in Rockhampton

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Best 3 man. Who would this be??????

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          "Best 3 man who would this be?"

You need to watch more games before you take to these message boards

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll give you a clue cause I'm not a complete asshole. The Championship Captain from the Cairns Marlins from 2 years ago who actually had the best numbers on the championship team, if you take out the time we was on the bench during blowouts up 20. The guy who basically carried them through the patch without Folwer and Hassan last year. The guy who dropped like 30 odd, double digits rebounds, high assists and 5 steals against the best team in the league (before MVP went down) in the semi finals. Captain of last year's rockets who took down the 1 seed in their house. Are you getting warm yet mate? Any clues? Or do you judge best by guys gobbling stats on poor teams? Is your best based on who can "dunk it" or hit a step back 3? Lol
      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X