This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U18 Boys Premier League 17/18

Spartans all politics... Churchie boys picked left right and centre ever since appointment of peter foster.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      IS that the same Peter Foster that used to be head master at JPC that has nothing to do with Churchie ?

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      have u thought about the possibility that they were picked because they deserve to be picked

Yes it is,and his son goes to that school. Would you like him to recommend a speech therapist for your stutter? Nice to see we are starting the year off well.Get over it G G Get over it.

i

Comment

funny as comments considering all three teams have children from all different school.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Example: Villa, Iona, Igs, state high, churchie, Jpc, Gregory terrace, St James and I'm sure there are others

So, can someone please explain this to me as my sons club can't. As I understandiy, the second half of the BQJBC season has been called off due the the commonwealth game being held at the Gold Coast. Thus 7 games will not be played, but BQ has only taken $40 off the fees? And secondly why is the second half cancelled when the commonwealth basketball games are going to played in Cairns and Townsville.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Good question. BQ and the associations have no care for this age group.... They've had to miss state champs a couple of times because of bad weather and now this.. Gold Coast & North Gold Coast are losing their venues to Goldoc for the Comm games early in the year, but surely between every other stadium something could have been worked out, or considered a shorter season for the u12s who have plenty of years left in front of them. At the very least there should have been a significant cost offset (maybe spread to those age groups that play a full season if they aren't prepared to lose the dollars)

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Good question. BQ and the associations have no care for this age group.... They've had to miss state champs a couple of times because of bad weather and now this.. Gold Coast & North Gold Coast are losing their venues to Goldoc for the Comm games early in the year, but surely between every other stadium something could have been worked out, or considered a shorter season for the u12s who have plenty of years left in front of them. At the very least there should have been a significant cost offset (maybe spread to those age groups that play a full season if they aren't prepared to lose the dollars)

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        It costs like 150 to nominate a team, not really a significant cost to offset. perhaps it's your club taking you for a ride

anyone have a idea on who is in premier league this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
        anyone have a idea on who is in premier league this year?
        Rip
        Spartans
        SW
        Ipswich
        Bbi
        Northside
        Logan
        Seahawks gc

Rip and bbi will fight it out in the end. With Sw ipswich spartans northside to challenge for semi spots. Logan and seahawks to be competitive but not good enough for serious contention of finals.

Comment

Rip
          Spartans
          SW
          Ipswich
          Bbi
          Northside
          Logan
          Seahawks gc

Rip and bbi will fight it out in the end. With Sw ipswich spartans northside to challenge for semi spots. Logan and seahawks to be competitive but not good enough for serious contention of finals.
          Maybe, but the thing that will bring a group down is ego. You can look great on paper but if you don't have a team you have nothing. Individuals never work towards the greater good of a TEAM only for themselves.

Comment

Rip
            Spartans
            SW
            Ipswich
            Bbi
            Northside
            Logan
            Seahawks gc

i quite enjoy these predictions. Sometimes its the team that we dont think that do well end up playing well. Quite surprised not to see gold coast there.

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              From what I saw Gold Coast didn't seem to have it together at grading but plenty of potential. Be interested to see how strong they are in Div 2. I hear with player movements some of those with automatic entry may not be as strong as expected. Short season so those that can pull it together quickly will do the best

what a first round and by seeing the results it looks like the standouts are already appearing. Southwest and RIP with huge wins over logan and seahawks. Its going to be a huge learning curve for logan and seahawks as majority of their team is full of bottom age kids but will be better for the experience.

Spartans and Capitals also look the goods this year as well. As it is a short season, im betting on Southwest taking it this year purely of the talented players and coaching staff they have.

All teams should be hitting the ground running as 7 rounds will go by quick

Comment

Logan took it to Southwest for majority of the game. Southwest struggled to defend allowing 80+ points. Maybe talented but donít look like they can defend.

My bet is on RIP or Capitals taking out the final. Both teams have chemistry, talent and been together for a while. Spartans and Southwest fighting it out for third.

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                when you score 138 you're going to give the opposition more attempts than if you were to score a lot less... that's mor than 3 points a minute... and you say they can't defend, that's gold.

Capitals being toghether a while, they have guys from other clubs who weren't there 2 years ago, most of them even, but they sure hae talent

is it me or did ipswich default? is there something going on there?

and what about that scoreline between seahawks and capitals?

Comment

is it me or did ipswich default? is there something going on there?

and what about that scoreline between seahawks and capitals?
                No sw metro d was so good they held ipswich to zero!

Comment

No sw metro d was so good they held ipswich to zero!
                  so 5 points a quarter?

Comment

SW are the favs to win besides caps

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      ive seen both teams and caps are the more complete team than pirates.
                  Working...
                  X