This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topic for debate

Point guards that lead the scoring ladder and significantly scoring more points than the rest of their team -
    -------greedy player who doesn't understand team work or a great player?------

Personally lean on the side of greedy player that should be benched.....many other players would score if they were passed the ball and given the opportunity (interestingly over a number of different seasons/teams it appears it is quite often a coach's child!)

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Or maybe that player practices a lot more than the rest of the team and shoots a higher percentage and takes smarter shots? Could be what you say too but not always the case. I see a lot of cases of kids who jack up any chance they have who shoot 20% and that is not fun to watch either. If you want to be a scorer, get in the gym and practice and understand when to shoot and when to pass to an open shot.

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      When my child was playing she was taught pass to the bigs, the bigs, the bigs, don't shoot, it isn't that she couldn't it was that she would be benched if she didn't pass to the bigs.

• I'm far more concerned about the current state of refereeing, or lack of it - if you were at Caloundra yesterday you'd know what I mean. Does anyone get held to account for this? Ref problems when playing at any Phoenix venue has been ongoing since last season.

Comment

• Actually a number of referees at Caloundra that day were imported from other associations so Caboolture and Northside are also to blame for your rant... you obviously don't visit spartans or south west then you might open your eyes

Comment

• Originally posted by Guest View Post
        Actually a number of referees at Caloundra that day were imported from other associations so Caboolture and Northside are also to blame for your rant... you obviously don't visit spartans or south west then you might open your eyes
        So if they were imported should they be putting teams in?

Sorry but in my eyes if you cant provide Refs then you should not have teams in the appropriate comps

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds like you should get your facts right before making up stuff on here. Phoenix have a very good program in place and a Referee Development manager who has been putting in a lot of time to develop their referees. I've seen bad refereeing at stadiums all around the South East including BBI and Logan Spartans etc. They are all doing their best to build their programs. I see plenty of good referees out there as well.

• Originally posted by Guest View Post

So if they were imported should they be putting teams in?

Sorry but in my eyes if you cant provide Refs then you should not have teams in the appropriate comps
        well if that you theory then guess logan will be pulling all there teams out now they lost all there top refs and ref coaches. well thats what i heard anyway

Comment

• So where have Jason and Kelly moved to?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
          Working...
          X